2016 Iditarod Race Tours
2016 Iditarod Race Start Tour Package. This tour is designed to let you experience all of the excitement of the race start, enjoy some fabulous sightseeing and wildlife viewing along Turnagain Arm and take a fantastic dog team tour. We start this tour with an incredible 7 hour trip to Iditarod Champion Dallas Seavey's kennel. Here you will tour the kennel, learn about dog mushing and take sled dog ride! At the Iditarod Race Banquet you will mingle with the mushers, have photo ops with them and the opportunity to wish them well. Clients have the option to go through the dog handler certification that allows them to help bring the sled dogs up to the starting line at the Race start. How exciting is that for Iditarod fans! Optional activities at Alyeska include dog sled rides, snowmobiling, helicopter rides and of course skiing. With all the excitement of the Iditarod Race start, 1st rate lodging and meals and the spectacular scenery and dog mushing experience, this Iditarod Race Tour is a wonderful introduction to the Iditarod and one you will truly enjoy.
6 Day Iditarod Race Start Tour Package Highlights
7 hour tour to Iditarod Champion Dallas Seavey's kennel
Visit to the Anchorage Museum of History and Art
Attend the ceremonial Iditarod Race Start in Anchorage .
Attend the actual Iditarod Race Start inWillow .
Sightseeing excursion to the Alaska Wildlife Center and beautiful Alyeska ski resort.
Attend the Musher's Banquet
Opportunity to be an Iditarod team dog handler with VIP privileges.
Visit to the Iditarod Museum
Attend the Miners and Trappers Ball
Cost and Details
March 1- March 7, 2016. $2400 pp. shared accommodation, single supplement $500.
- 6 Nights Accommodation in Anchorage
- Group meals as indicated on the itinerary
- Musher's Banquet tickets
- Miners and Trappers Ball tickets
7 hour Dog Mushing Excursion to the Seavey Kennel
Transportation to Willow Restart and Iditarod Museum
Admission to Museum
- Day One Tuesday : Guests arrive and check into the Anchorage Hilton Hotel. Evening group
- Day Two Wednesday : Pickup at your hotel and 7 hour excursion to Dallas Seavey's kennel. Here you will learn about dog mushing, tour the kennel and take an exciting dog sled ride. (L,D)
- Day Three Thursday : Scenic ride along Turnagain
Arm to Alyeska. Clients can book
optional activities such as downhill or cross-country skiing, flight seeing
by plane or helicopter, snowmobiling, dog sledding, exploring the village
of Girdwood or just enjoying the hotel amenities. In the afternoon we
will head back to Anchorage and attend the Musher's Banquet in the
- Day Four Friday : In the morning we will visit the Iditarod Race Headquarters and clients wishing to be handle the dogs at the race start will go through their dog handler certification training. After lunch we visit the Anchorage Museum of History and Art. The evening is free. (L)
- Day Five Saturday: Iditarod excitement clicks into high gear today with
the ceremonial Race start in Anchorage. We will get an early start and watch
the mushers unload their teams in the staging area and later join the
crowds cheering on their favorite mushers as they race down 4th Ave. Later in the afternoon we will watch the Running of the Reindeer down 4th Avenue. After a delicous meal at the Glacier Brewhouse we hear over to the Eagan Convention Center to attend the annual Miners and Trappers Ball. (D)
- Day Six Sunday : Morning departure to the official restart of the
Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race in Willow. Another chance to be a part of the
Race by working as a dog handler or security personnel. (D)
- Day Seven Monday : Clients depart Anchorage.